video appointments now offered
Posted by AFM AFM
Associates in Family Medicine is now offering video appointments.
Telemedicine Patient Instructions - Mobile/Smartphone
1.) After you schedule your visit - download the VSee Clinic app
2.) Just before your visit, open the VSee Clinic app and enter the room code: AFM
3.) Fill out the questionnaire with your name, date of birth, and other info. Be sure to check the box to consent to your telemedicine visit.
4.) Tap “Enter Waiting Room.” You should see yourself on the screen while you wait for your provider to see you. Shortly, your provider will join the call and conduct your visit.
5.) When your visit is over, you may tap the red button to end the call, or wait for your provider to hang up on their end.
Telemedicine Patient Instructions - Laptop/Computer
Video Visits are also available if you have access to a computer with a webcam and an Internet connection.
- A few minutes before your appointment, go to https://afm.vsee.me/u/clinic.
- Click Enter Waiting Room
- Fill out the form with your name, date of birth, etc.
- If this is your first visit, follow the instructions onscreen to install the VSee desktop application. Otherwise, click "Proceed to Consultation."
- If prompted to open "vsee," click Yes.
- You should see a video image of yourself. Sit tight, your provider will be with you shortly to conduct your Video Visit.
Tips for using your computer for a Video Visit:
- If you run into any problems, feel free to call Associates in Family Medicine at: 1-360-734-4404
- Be sure you have a webcam so your provider can see and hear you. Most laptops have a webcam built in.
- Make sure you are in a private area with sufficient light for your provider to see you through the video.
- If your video call connects, but you cannot hear your provider, your provider will call you on the phone number you have provided to help facilitate the visit.
- The VSee Clinic Video Visit system works best with an up-to-date version of Google Chrome
Frequently Asked Questions:
Video Visits Are Here – Who Can Use Them?
Current Associates in Family Medicine patients can now have a video visit to address health concerns:
How can I make a Video Visit appointment?
Call 1-360-734-4404 to schedule an appointment (Appointment required for all video visits.)
During the call you will receive instructions to download the VSee application.
- VSee works on most devices and browsers.
- Your experience will be best on a computer using Chrome as your browser.
How does a Video Visit work?
- Ten minutes before your appointment, enter the virtual waiting room through the VSee video visit application.
- You will be placed into a virtual waiting room to see your provider. When your provider is ready, he or she will begin your video conference.
How Much Do Video Visits Cost?
You will be billed for a video visit as if you have an appointment in our clinic. Insurance coverage may be subject to benefit limitations.
Are Video Visits secure?
The VSee platform we use is widely used in the healthcare industry. It utilizes military-grade encryption to secure your video call, and is 100% HIPAA compliant.